Five dedicated foresters and rangers from Bhutan were awarded certificates of recognition by Her Royal Highness Princess Azhi Kezang Wangmo Wangchuck at the inaugural session of the Second Asian Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation.
The five are:
- Tarjey, Senior Forester at the SamdrupJonkhar Territorial Division Forestry, in service for 36 years.
- Gem Tshering, Officer in-charge of Phibsoo Wildlife Sanctuary, in service for 22 years.
- Sonam Wangdi, Senior Park Ranger of Royal Manas National Park, in service for 13 years.
- Namgay Dorji, Senior Forest Guard of Jigmi Dorji National Park, in service for 13 years.
- Dorji Duba, a Forester at Jigmi Singye Wangchuck National Park, in service for 12 years.