Corporate Partnerships Report – FY 2022
WWF-Bhutan has not been involved in any formal bilateral partnership with a company in FY22.
However, it is important to note that WWF, as a global network organisation, works with the corporate sector in the majority of its offices, and has committed itself to publicly report these engagements.
WWF’s Living Planet Report shows that humanity and the way we feed, fuel, and finance our societies and economies is pushing nature and the services that power and sustain us to the brink. Agricultural expansion, deforestation, overfishing, urban development, energy use, mining and pollution are all driving habitat loss, water shortages and climate change.
Business drives much of the global economy, so we believe that companies also have a specific responsibility to ensure that the natural resources and ecosystems which underpin their own operations are used sustainably. By working with the private sector, WWF aims to change behaviour and drive conservation results that would not be possible otherwise:
● promote better production and responsible sourcing of raw materials;
● encourage a switch to 100% renewable energy and away from fossil fuels;
● engage jointly on public policy;
● support the equitable sharing of natural resources;
● redirect financial flows to support conservation and sustainable ecosystem management;
● raise awareness of the need to consume more wisely; and
● protect some of the world’s most ecologically important places.
In general, WWF works with companies in three ways:
- Driving sustainable business practices
We seek to change practices throughout a company’s operations and value chain.
- Communications and awareness raising activities
We raise awareness of key environmental issues and mobilise consumer action.
- Philanthropic relationships
We raise money through these relationships for our priority conservation projects
If you are interested in corporate engagement with WWF-Bhutan, please contact:
Tashi Phuntsho / Communications Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org.